Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin "Picking"

Brad had the day off so we took some friends for a trip up to Gilcrease Orchards to go pumpkin picking. When we arrived, the very nice lady that took our money to enter the orchard let us know that it was rather picked over. We discovered very few pumpkins but lots of eggplant! (*Very small eggplant...)


Madi got the idea of picking up the pumpkin, to promptly throw it like a small rock. (*And then yelling at it excittedly followed by laughing...the process was all rather amusing to watch!)


I think she liked being able to run around as well.

I made an important discovery while at the orchards today as to why I have a black thumb. I am apparently not using the appropriate fertilizer. Nothing says healthy apple trees like some good old latin music - I guess the mirrored back of the cd helps direct the sunlight to the lower leaves for increased photosynthesis. Go figure.

1 comment:

Liz Hall said...

haha Beth you are too funny, latin music, classic.