Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gourmet Club

My Gourmet Club dinner was this past Saturday. It turned out that only 3 of our large group were able to attend. I must admit that it turned out to be a very delightful evening! The ladies in attendance were good friends with one another and both my friend Karen (who was my co-host) and I had a great time chatting with them.
We had a great menu:
Phillo Cups with Mushrooms, Pancetta and Goat Cheese
Warm White Bean, Bacon and Spinach Salad with Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
Tomato and Artichoke Ravioli
Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast
Oven Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes
Mini Guyere Popovers
Cheese Plate (Aged Manchego Cheese, White Cheddar and a triple creme cheese similar to St. Andre)
Molten Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Coulis
I need to find my camera and remember to actually take pictures. I had forgotten how much I truly enjoy sharing good food with friends. While most people find a great deal of stress in entertaining or preparing food for others, it is in some way relaxing and peaceful to me. I realize that I need to do this more often.

3 comments:

Chellese said...

Yes, you do need to do it more often (at my house). I seriously dig those molten chocolate cakes!

Kyndra said...

Oh yeah, like I wasn't sad enough about missing your dinner, but then I had to go and read your menu and feel twice as sad!! I'm going away for Thanksgiving for a few days, but other than that I am around for awhile, so lets get together. I'll call you and we'll figure it out.

Liz Hall said...

Sounds yummy, wish I could have come.