Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's awfully quiet...

Madi has been screaming lately at everything. She screams when I am not paying attention to her. She screams because she can't navigate her way over an open doorwary. She screams because she wants out of her carseat. So this afternoon, I was putting groceries away and making things easier for myself by cutting up some of the produce. I realized that Madi was no longer pulling on my pant leg or trying to help me unload the dishwasher; most noticably, she was no longer screaming. I went to look for her and found her in her room..."reading" quietly.


3 comments:

Kyndra said...

I wish my guy would stop screaming and read for a change!

Mindi said...

That's sweet. Jack's getting good at sitting and "reading" too. Once I was in the shower and got real nervous because he wasn't hanging out in the shower curtain or trying to reach in for his toys. My mind raced of what he could be doing and whether I would hear his cries if he hurt himself... I opened up the curtain to see if I could hear what he was doing, and I found him sitting in the doorway flipping through a pile of books. :) Sigh.

Liz Hall said...

Awww, I remember being scared when Bianca was really quiet like that sometimes. Actually, it still scares me if it's too quiet around here. What a good little reader!