Friday, April 24, 2009

The Bird Sanctuary is for the birds...

We went to the Gilcrease Nature Sanctuary this morning. All was going well until the white peacocks started to squack a little too loudly for Madi's ears.



It was a rather neat place. They had ostrich, peacocks, roosters, cockatoos, black haired pigs, swans, ducks, cows, a yak (I think...), turtles, goats and a koi pond. Madi got to feed the Lama, Shetland Ponies and Donkeys peanuts.



There was a calf that seemed very interested in Madi. The mother stuck her head through the rails and licked Madi. She thought that it was funny to be "kissed" by a cow. I am just glad she didn't freak out or who knows what those cows would have been able to do!



Madi really liked the ducks and swans. I had a hard time getting her to check out anything else. Too bad I didn't bring any quarters to pay for duck food...

1 comment:

ANNwithanE said...

i almost forgot how adorable that little girl is...thanks for reminding me!